One of the most challenging things you will ever come across during your time at the University or college is writing a first class dissertation proposal. However, it is never that difficult when you get enough help. The tutors should be your first port together with some of the useful WritePass guides. The two will be one of your first two steps in completing a first class dissertation proposal. Continue reading “How to Write a First Class Dissertation Proposal”
A dissertation proposal is perhaps the most important stage of the dissertation writing process. Dissertation research proposal provide students with the opportunity to get their supervisors to agree to a certain plan of action. Studies have revealed that a research proposal either makes or breaks the success of your dissertation project. Your research proposal tells the audience of the research plan you intend to follow before actually starting the research. Some instructions on how to write a great dissertation proposal are listed below in this article.
- Before doing anything else you will need to familiar yourself with the topic of the research. It is imperative that your chosen dissertation topic matches your research interests. You will be able to improve your productivity substantially by selecting a topic that is intriguing and professionally rewarding to you. It is important for you to understand the meaning of the research question. “Why you selected this topic? What contributions you will make in your chosen area of study and how your research will help others in the future” are some of the questions that you should be able to answer before starting the research process.
- Write draft plan of research on a word document. Doing some initial research will help you to find articles, journals, text books, and government reports that are relevant to your chosen topic. Read the academic sources to extract information regarding the background of the topic.
- Write the Introduction section and include the background information under this chapter too. An introduction for a research proposal generally includes the aim and objectives and then set up the question for the topic. It is pivotal that you write about the problems and issues the research will take into consideration. Provide hypothesis if there is one. Try and set up the boundaries of the research under this chapter.
- Give credit in a literature review.The purpose of this chapter of the proposal to show the readers exactly which academic sources were behind the information presented on the subject.
- Provide a detailed explanation of what methods of research you will employ to collect the required data (primary or secondary). Primary research explanation usually involves description of the data to be collected from surveys and interview questions. Do not forget to discuss the statistical procedures to be employed. Since the results of the study are still not known, it might be a good idea to write the hypothesis of results and include some analysis that will be eventually used in the results of dissertation.
- Develop a schedule of research activities. You can create a Gantt Chart or use any other similar type of project scheduling tool to inform your supervisor of the time needed to complete each research activity. The aim here is to show to the audience how you will be able to finish you’re the dissertation project before the due deadline.
Tips and Techniques
It is recommended to familiarise yourself with the requirements of dissertation research proposal by looking at a research proposal example. Here is an example of a great dissertation proposal sample.
If you are struggling with your research proposal then considering obtaining help from a professional research proposal service in UK.
So you have been handed the task to write your undergraduate or postgraduate dissertation but are unsure about how to tackle it? Dissertation writing process is full of surprises and as such it requires students to put in several 100 hours of study to achieve a high academic grade. Are you struggling with your dissertation? If Yes, then trust me you are not the only one to have got stuck with it. As you initiate work on your dissertation, pieces of the puzzle will start to fall in place and your path ahead will become clearer. So do not get frustrated with your shortcomings and meet the challenges head on.
P.S: It is possible for you to improve your dissertation writing skills and consequent academic grade by following some simple tips and techniques as discussed below in this article.
It is vitally important to start your research work in a timely manner. Before doing anything else you will be required to choose an appropriate dissertation topic. There are many online academic sources that you can use to pick an interesting topic. Research Prospect Ltd provides hundreds of possible research topics in every academic discipline. Their writers can also do some initial research to suggest latest topics for you to choose from. Select a topic that is not only interesting but also with significant amount of literature available on it. Moreover, make sure that you are passionate about the research topic because it is likely that you will be spending hours thinking, writing and talking about.
While you should try and take ownership of what you can control, it is important not be impatient when things do not work out the way you hoped them to see. You need to be equally comfortable in the wait time. You will observe if you haven’t already than the dissertation writing process will be full of delays and waiting times because of your own unavailability and due to the time your supervisor takes to return feedback on your dissertation. Remember that it is humanly impossible to control such situations.
Get Help from Expert Academics
Your supervisor is surely your first line defense against your inabilities and shortcoming but that does not mean that you shouldn’t look for help from the best dissertation writing service in UK. If you find yourself with a part of your dissertation then it is recommended that you look for a reliable academic writing service before it’s too late. You may also choose to get your work polished by an editing service to improve the quality standard of your work from 2:2 to 2:1 or 1st class.
Learn to live with your limitations as a writer
If you are not an expert academic writer then you should not expect yourself to produce a top notch paper that will score a distinction. It is important for all of us to identify our limitations and then work our way around them. Romon B. Goings in his article at Inside Highered claimed that “Gaining this understanding was a major turning point in my development as a scholar. When I first began to conceptualize my dissertation, I was a little unsure of my ability to take on such a daunting task. As a result, I sometimes found it hard to write sentences because I was looking for the perfect one.”
Writing a dissertation proposal is perhaps the first step to becoming a professional academician. Most universities and colleges require their Masters and PHD students to submit dissertation proposal to their supervisors, and get their approval before beginning to work on their dissertation. A good dissertation proposal needs to have some certain attributes which demonstrate your clear understanding of the problem to be solved and the aims & objectives to be achieved. Continue reading “How to Write a Perfect Dissertation Proposal”
Dissertation writing is certainly one of the most challenging aspect of your academic career. Its importance can be recognized when you take your first job interview, and answer questions regarding the research you completed during the dissertation project. Continue reading “How to Write a Proposal? 5 Creative Ways!”